Comfortable Walking Shoes For Women
Leslie Sansone Intro To Walking Exercise Video
Walking For Health Benefits
Listed below are some of the proven benefits of regular walking. The list reads like a commercial for the latest wonder drug doesn't it? Remember, these benefits are clinically proven and endorsed by medical and health professionals.
Health Benefits of Regular Walking:
- Lower blood pressure levels.
- Reduced risk of stroke and heart disease.
- Improved bone density. Helps to fight osteoporosis.
- Can help to combat depression and anxiety.
- The risk of certain forms of cancer will be reduced.
- Promotes better sleep.
- Provides you with more energy so that you feel less fatigued during the course of your normal day.
- Burns calories, helping you to lose weight and reduce body fat.
- Recent studies even suggest that regular walking can help stave off Alzheimer's disease.
I did say that it looks like an advert for one of those miracle supplements that you see advertised on late night TV didn't I? In fact, those are just some of the key health benefits. There are others which we could justifiably add to that list. However, the above should be more than enough to make you interested in walking as a form of exercise I hope.
Walking For Exercise Books on Amazon
One of the top selling exercise books on Amazon right now - and not without reason. You'll be astonished at just how easy it is to adopt a walking exercise program.
Casey Meyers, the author, was diagnosed as being at high risk of a heart attack or stroke in 1995. Today, he is a healthy 79 year old - which owes a great deal to the walking exercise routine which he adopted.
In addition to the numerous other health benefits delivered, walking can be a huge help to you if you want to drop a few pounds.
The title speaks for itself I think. This is a 12 week plan to get you from sedentary to slim.
Other Benefits of Walking
- No special equipment is required. All that you need is a comfy pair of shoes and clothing suited to the climate.
- There's no training needed. You already know how to walk.
- You can fit it into your day whenever it suits you best.
- There's no need to make time for a visit to the gym - and no expensive monthly fees to be paid.
- Walking is a low impact exercise technique. The risk of injury is very small - much smaller than other exercise formats.
- The "drop out rate" is much lower than other forms of exercise.
- If you haven't exercised regularly for a while, or if you've had a minor injury, walking is a great way to get started again.
Note: As with any exercise routine, you should consult your doctor before embarking upon it - especially if you haven't exercised for a while or have any underlying health problems. With that being said, walking will, for the vast majority of people, benefit their physical well being.
Be sensible. Start of slowly and build up with time. You'll look better and feel better before you know it.
Walking Exercise DVDs on Amazon
Get a walking workout in the comfort of your own living room.
A gently paced program which is ideal for beginners.
A 25 minute workout that anyone can do without any special equipment. Includes a 30 minute CD that you can use whilst walking.
How Far Do You Need To Walk?
10,000 steps is, for the average person, somewhere between four and a half and five miles. You'll be surprised at how easy it is to achieve this target value. However, do start off gently and build up slowly.
Very sedentary office workers who drive to and from work will probably take a minimum of 2,000 steps per day. If you walk a little further, you might do 3,000 or 4,000 steps daily. Boosting up to 10,000 steps is a lot easier than you think.
Although you don't strictly need it to begin walking for health, you might find a pedometer to be a useful device. Even the best of these can be had for just $ 20 these days, so it's not a major investment.
These will record the number of steps that you take, the distance covered and the number of calories burned. Modern digital pedometers are very accurate, and some of them can be linked into to your computer to keep a record of your results. Some are very sophisticated indeed and allow you to share your results with your friends so that you can motivate each other.
It's a good way to keep track of your results and to keep your motivation levels high.
Buy Digital Pedometers on Amazon
Dual axis digital technology pedometer. Stores up to seven days of results to help you keep track of your progress.
Monitors total steps taken, distance covered and calories burned. Wirelessly connects to your computer or smartphone. Share results with your friends.
Monitor steps, distance, stride and calories. 7 day memory to help you monitor your progress.
Fitbit Zip Video Review
How To Walk More
However, if you can't make time for a single chunk of walking activity, there are plenty of other options available to you. Here are just a few suggestions (bet you can think of some more).
- Leave the car at home and walk to work, the shops, college, the school. You'll save money on gas and get fitter and healthier.
- If it's not practical to leave the car at home, don't feel guilty. Just park further away in the parking lot so that you have further to walk to get to the entrance.
- If you take the bus or the subway to work, get on a couple of stops later - or get off a couple of stops earlier and finish your journey on foot.
- Use the stairs instead of the taking the elevator from time to time.
- When you're talking on your cellphone, walk around. A ten to fifteen minute call can get you an extra 1500 steps!
- Instead of sitting in front of your computer at lunchtime, get up and go for a short walk. Not only will you boost your step count, you'll find that your energy levels remain a lot higher during the course of the afternoon.
Feel free to add a few suggestions of your own.
Walking Exercise Soundtracks on Amazon
Keep your motivation up with this soundtrack from Leslie Sansone.
12 great hits from the '80s to make your walking workout fly by.
14 great, up tempo, big band hits (includes Chattanooga Choo Choo, In The Mood, boogie Woogie Bugle Boy and more) to help you step it out.
Hope That You Found This Info Useful...
This module only appears with actual data when viewed on a live lens. The favorite and lensroll options will appear on a live lens if the viewer is a member of Squidoo and logged in.
Search Amazon For Walking Exercise DVDs